I don’t know from where to start. Someone from Vision India shared me about the big bang trip. I was also thinking to go on a trip where I don’t know anyone. So, I applied for the trip. It started from April 20th and ended on April 23rd. We went to Mahrora village near Pangoot, Uttarakhand. I had so many things to tell about this trip. I am not able to decide how and where to start.
This trip is must for those who really want to explore the world and also understand human life. I would recommend this trip to people who really want to understand others and learn life lessons.
- MET WITH AWESOME PEOPLE ON THE TRIP- This was the best part of the trip. I always had the curiosity to meet with new people to know about their lives. This trip acted as connecting link between me and others. There were seven people on the trip-Pallavi, Raghu, Meghna, Priyanka, Bhavna, Nisha and me. All the girls were from different age group. We stayed together and had a lot of fun for three days. The trip was organized by Chandrabhan and Chetan. They were also funny guys. They are the founders of The Big Bang Trip. It is a really great idea to go on these kinds of trips. Some people think but only some people implement the idea. We also met with one instigator Ashish there. He is traveling solo for last two years. I was able to see a lot of dedication and courage in his effort. He left his corporate job to become a full-time traveler. We also met with Shagun Singh, the founder of Gilli mitti India. She is also very bold and courageous person. She also left her lucrative corporate job to focus on farming. She has decided to settle down there only. That area is still inaccessible as well as very remote. She left everything in the city and went to the village to pursue a sustainable path. The stories of these people are really inspiring and provide directions to others to take the bold path in their lives.How I can forget the cute 🐕- Kanwar Singh. He accompanied us for two days. People on the trip fell in love with the dog.
2. LEARNED SO MANY SKILLS- I got the opportunity to learn so many skills there:
- We learned about Car Cob Cottage House.
- We also prepared cob from clay, hay, sand, and water.
- We learned about earth-bag houses.
3. TREKKING TO WATERFALL WAS AMAZING EXPERIENCE- Trekking on a difficult path resembles the happenings of life. Our life is a difficult trek where we need to just move on whenever problems/hurdles come in our life. This trek was a very small but it was adventurous. After trekking for some times, we just saw the serene and pure water, which was flowing from the mountains. We were able to hear the ringing sound of falling water. It was such a nice feeling to be there that I didn’t feel like returning back from there.
5.INTERESTING ACTIVITIES- Chandra Bhan has also created some interesting activities for us. It was really fun doing those activities. It helped in getting to know each other. Not only this, it helped in making the environment lighter.
6. BOAT RIDE IN NANITAAL WAS FUN- We took a boat ride in Nani jheel on the last day of the trip. I was really surprised to see the cleanliness of the lake. The water was cold and pure. I also noticed amazing thing there. There were three religious shrines( Devi maa temple, Gurdwara, and Mosque) from three different religion present near the lake. There was also Tibetan market which is related to the Buddhism.
7. ANTAKSHARI IN THE BUS WAS REALLY ENTERTAINING- We played antakshari in the bus. It was really refreshing and enjoying.
I have so much to write about this trip but not every feeling can be expressed in words. The road trip with unknowns not only teaches us about life experiences but also inspires us to explore the wonder of the world. So, get ready with your backpack and start traveling.